Yellowjackets are great for first time miners or experienced miners that want something quick, easy and fun to mine with. This guide will show you exactly how easy it is to set up and also overclock them!
First Time Setup
First off there are a few things you’ll need:
- Windows PC
- Yellowjacket USB miner(s)
- bfgminer You should download either the 32 or 64 bit version depending on your operating system; you can check this by going to your system properties
- USB Hub (optional but recommended) A USB hub provides better air flow for your miners and more reliable power
- A fan like this one (optional but recommended)
- An account with a mining pool such as btcguild, ghash.io or eligius (doesn’t require an account)
1. First off you’ll want to connect your Yellowjacket to the PC either directly on the USB port or via a USB hub. Afterwards, reboot your computer.
2. Extract bfgminer to a folder on your computer
3. Once bfgminer is extracted, open the folder and double click on bfgminer.exe
4. The first time you run bfgminer it will prompt you for your mining pool details. Type in each prompt and hit “Enter” after each one
5. After you enter your password, you should be connected to the pool, start receiving work and seeing your shares being accepted.
It is strongly recommended to use a fan when overclocking your Yellowjackets to extend it’s life expectancy because it will run hot!
To overclock your Yellowjacket, have bfgminer and press “m” to pull up the device management screen. Use the arrow keys to select the device you’d like to modify and press “o” this will then prompt you for the oscillator bits (default is 50). Then hit “Enter” then “Enter” again to return to the main screen.
If you have any questions or need assistance with getting your Yellowjacket up and running send us an email at email@example.com